Our Passion is Natural & Organic!
Established in 2008, Pompeii Street Soap Co. & Aromatherapy is a small company located in the heart central Pennsylvania. We proudly handcraft natural artisan soaps and body care products in small batches right here in our Mifflinburg facility, and meticulously source certified organic and wildcrafted essential oils, carriers, infused oils, and hydrosols from our trusted agricultural partners from all around the globe.
We are organic certified!
In 2015, we completed the USDA Organic Certification process. We offer over 70 certified organic products including essential oils, hydrosols, and carriers. In addition to our collection of organic essential oils, you will find an abundance of organic ingredients used throughout our bath and body products.
Our Products Are...
- Formulated through the lens of a certified aromatherapist
- Scratch-made in our cozy little Central PA workshop
- Made with natural, organic, and sustainably sourced raw materials
- Lab tested. We verify the chemistry of our essential oils and many other raw materials to assure they are free of parabens and phthalates.
Our Essential Oil Quality Standards
- Label each bottle with the batch number, country of origin, cultivation method, distillation method and the distillation date.
- 3rd party gc/ms test every batch of oil we sell, meaning that even if a distiller provides us with a report, we still send a sample to a lab for 3rd party testing to verify the chemistry.
- We have 3 Certified Aromatherapists on staff to evaluate each oil as it is received and to review the test results to ensure our exacting standards are met.
- Store our oils in our climate-controlled cold room to ensure maximum freshness.
- Move oils to our clearance section of the website when they are no longer at their peak freshness.
- Provide the batch-specific gc/ms analysis for our current batches right on our website so you can view the chemistry before you buy.
- Offer introductory aromatherapy workshops in our cute little green building.
- Promote the safe use of essential oils by working with each customer in our shop to ensure they understand the safety concerns of the oils they purchase.
About Our Staff
We are a close-knit staff of certified aromatherapists, soap makers, formulators, creators, nature lovers, vegans, and ingredient label readers. We look forward to helping you smell and feel awesome, naturally.
Company Owner & Soap Maker
Jess is the author of all Pompeii Street formulas. She started the business in her parent's basement and has been working happily with essential oils since 2001. She is an artisan soap maker, certified aromatherapist, graphic designer, and back-porch distiller.
Besides crafting soap batches, Jess specializes in sourcing and analyzing the chemical composition of each essential oil before it is offered for sale. She firmly believes in transparency of product ingredients and is dedicated to continual learning. Jess and her staff keep up on the latest research on essential oils and the aromatherapy industry.
When not in the soap kitchen, Jess enjoys time with her family in Mifflinburg and spends her free time knitting and planning her next venture, Green Ridge Lavender Farm.
Our employee with the longest seniority, Dawn has been with PSA from the very start (2008) and specializes in the creation of many of our body care products. She oversees the inventory and production of our lotions, body butters, sugar scrubs, liquid soaps, lip balms, salve and more. Dawn is a lover of all animals and enjoys caring for her cats, vegan cuisine, gardening, and thrift store shopping.
Often, Dawn can be found laughing with employees and customers, and is a very familiar face behind the counter in our retail store.
When not at work, Diana enjoys helping her husband with outdoor tasks around their property, crocheting, baking, and reading.
Pompeii Street Aromatherapy
201 E Chestnut St
Mifflinburg, PA 17844