Cocoa Butter Wafers (Discontinued)
As one of the two major products made from the cocoa bean, cocoa butter is full of wonderful benefits for your skin! Expressed from dried and roasted seeds of the Theobroma cacao tree, this carrier is rich in phytochemicals, or natural compounds found within plants. These substances promote blood flow to the skin and slow skin aging by protecting against damage from the sun's harmful UV rays.
With a melting point just below the average human body temperature, cocoa butter can be used all by itself as a lotion bar, and is also easy to melt and pour for use in lip balms and body butters.
Considered to be an incredibly stable fat that contains several antioxidants, it has a long shelf life of up to five years! Coveted for its skin-friendly profile, cocoa butter is mostly composed of fatty acids, including Palmitic, Stearic, Oleic, and Linoleic.
Palmitic acid protects the skin by forming an occlusive topical layer, which keeps moisture in and prevents the skin from drying out. Stearic acid also improves the skin's moisture retention, helps to improve skin flexibility, and is beneficial for repairing damaged skin. An anti-inflammatory component, Oleic acid is well-absorbed by the skin and expedites the regeneration damaged cells. Linoleic acid, which comprises about 3% of Cocoa butter, is an anti-inflammatory component that improves the skin's barrier function, helps soothe itchy and dry skin, and aids with moisture retention.
• High in antioxidant fatty acids, specifically Palmitic, Stearic, Oleic, and Linoleic acids
• Contains natural plant compounds known as phytochemicals
• Melting point is just below the average human body temperature
• Composed of 57-64% saturated fats and 36-43% unsaturated fats Benefits:
• Forms a protective layer, helping the skin retain moisture
• Smooths scars, wrinkles, and other skin marks
• Heals dry skin and improves elasticity
• Reduces inflammation and protects the skin from UV damage
• Neutralizes "free radicals," or unstable molecules that cause damage to the skin
• Long shelf life - can be stored up to 5 years Packaged in high density FDA approved zip bags.
A one pound bag contains approximately 208-212 wafers.
Click Here For A Printable Cocoa-Nilla Whipped Butter DIY Recipe!
All information on Pompeii Street Aromatherapy website is informative in nature and not to be construed as medical advice. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils.