Our passion is natural and organic!
We are a small company in central Pennsylvania that not only handcrafts natural artisan soaps and body care products, but also meticulously sources certified organic and small batch wildcrafted essential oils, carriers, infused oils, and hydrosols.
We are organic certified! In 2015, we completed the USDA Organic Certification process. We offer over 70 certified organic essential oils, hydrosols, and carriers. In addition to our collection of organic essential oils, you will find an abundance of organic ingredients throughout our bath and body products as well.
Our Products are...
- Formulated through the lens of a certified aromatherapist
- Scratch-made in our cozy little Central PA workshop
- Made with natural, organic, and sustainably sourced raw materials
- Lab tested. We verify the chemistry of our essential oils and many other raw materials to assure they are free of parabens and phthalates.
Our Essential Oil Quality Standards
- Label each bottle with the batch number, country of origin, cultivation method, distillation method and the distillation date.
- 3rd party gc/ms test every batch of oil we sell, meaning that even if a distiller provides us with a report, we still send a sample to a lab for 3rd party testing to verify the chemistry.
- We have 3 Certified Aromatherapists on staff to evaluate each oil as it is received and to review the test results to ensure our exacting standards are met.
- Store our oils in our climate-controlled cold room to ensure maximum freshness.
- Move oils to our clearance section of the website when they are no longer at their peak freshness.
- Provide the batch-specific gc/ms analysis for our current batches right on our website so you can view the chemistry before you buy.
- Offer introductory aromatherapy workshops in our cute little green building.
- Promote the safe use of essential oils by working with each customer in our shop to ensure they understand the safety concerns of the oils they purchase.
About Our Staff
We are a close-knit staff of certified aromatherapists, soap makers, formulators, nature lovers, vegans, ingredient label readers, and we look forward to helping you smell awesome and feel awesome, naturally.
Jessica Grill, Owner & Soap Maker
Jess is the author of all Pompeii Street formulas. She started the business in her parent's basement and has been working happily with essential oils since 2001. She is an artisan soap maker, certified aromatherapist, graphic designer, and back-porch distiller.
Besides crafting soap batches, Jess specializes in sourcing and analyzing the chemical composition of each essential oil before it is offered for sale. She firmly believes in transparency of product ingredients and is dedicated to continual learning. Jess and her staff keep up on the latest research on essential oils and the aromatherapy industry.
She spends her free time with her family in Mifflinburg and enjoys knitting, distilling, PA State Parks, and is still addicted to Downton Abbey.
Carol Hollister - Staff Aromatherapist
Carol is one of our knowledgeable aromatherapists that you will meet in person when visiting our store in central PA. Along with working at Pompeii Street, she is an essential oil educator and owns Sunset Essentials, Aromatherapy for Better Living. She provides fun, educational, hands-on workshops, therapeutic aromatherapy products and personal consultations for custom blends.
"The use of essential oils is rapidly becoming a popular source for those looking for an alternative way of taking care of your own health. Unfortunately, with this growth comes a great deal of misinformation circulating which can and has led to some very serious injury. It is my desire and intent to help people safely discover the wonderful and safe uses of essential oils." - Carol Hollister
Dawn Hartman, Kitchen Manager
As our employee with the highest seniority, Dawn has been with PSA from the very start and specializes in the creation of many of our body care products. She is a lover of all animals and enjoys her cats, vegan cuisine, gardening, and shopping. Dawn is known for her witty sense of humor and enjoys interacting with customers.
Our retail store is temporarily closed to preserve our employees' and customers' health during the coronavirus dangers. Online orders are still being accepted and processed in a timely manner.
Pompeii Street Aromatherapy
201 E Chestnut St
Mifflinburg, PA 17844